Friday, July 17, 2009

 

Driving through the lowlands

From 1987 to 1995 I was a continental truck driver, so driving on the other side of the road was no stranger to me, the only problem being I tended to drive my car like it was a truck, sort of acting like I had a 40ft trailer behind me.

The thing that sort of impressed me was how my mobile kept up with which country I was in, all part of the Vodafone group of course.

We took a diversion through a small town called Breda in Holland that H liked.

Many years ago I lived in Amsterdam and one things I really liked about the Dutch, was the order that is readily apparent in their cities was tinged with a touch of anarchy. One of the funniest examples for this was that everybody stole bikes, the point being is there was that there was that many bikes about that it did not really matter.

I noticed the same sort of thing in Breda - a nest of bikes.


It would not surprise me if I went back there over a week later to find the same bikes in the same place as a sort of cultural street statement .

Decided to sample a Dutch coffee shop, very nice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?