Thursday, June 18, 2009

 

Stuff twitter


Hello All,

It has been a while and I have been a twitter, more from the desire to emulate
mobile texting than anything else.

So the problem with being a 'twit' (shortened for the sake of brevity) is
writing only in the short 'sound bite'.

So anyway today, I went in person to Peterborough and applied for a fast track
passport, sort of pay an arm and a leg and wait a week, to be reminded I am
only a member of the hoi polloi after all.

I ask you, my last passport get lost in a house move. So I had to get my
passport application countersigned (and here is the bit that got to me) by a
professional person, as tho' the only people that can be trusted are
'professional' people yeah like all working people can't be trusted and all
'professional' people can be trusted - don't make me laugh.

Running around yesterday like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to find
someone to countersign my application and photograph, found someone at last -
thx M. Why can't I just give them my national insurance number to verify that
I am me.

So anyway drove to Peterborough with N riding shotgun and serenading me on the
harmonica and we arrived no problem. When I filled in the form one of the
questions was, when had I applied for my first passport I knew it was in the
80's but not exactly when.

They sent me away for an hour whilst they went through their records and they
found my original application! 1987 was when I applied for my first passport.

What this means is I began driving trucks on the continent then, this ties a
lot of my life's threads together.

They kept my birth certificate, I know not why, they said they will return it
soon.

I do not like it that they have my birth certificate. I can no longer prove I
was born.

Now I only exist as a figment of my own imagination.

N got a nice shot of Peterborough cathedral.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?