Wednesday, June 11, 2008

 

Fred

For ages I have been trying to tame/train Fred, I think I might have made a breakthru today, it sounded very much like he said "want food". Then after I fed him, he danced about on his perch cooing at me, extending his claw at me, so I would give him my finger to hold. What I hope what has happened is, that the penny has dropped with him in terms of him understanding, the causal connection between language and getting what you want in terms of reasonable demands.

He has taken up the pastime of swinging on the wooden parrot, that is suspended next to his perch. Today he climbed up the rope that the perch is suspended from. He has done this before, but only because I bribed him to do it, with a palm nut. To see him climb the rope in terms of wanting to play with his environment was great.

Another thing he has done to today, much more annoying than the other things, is to attempt to take a bath in his water dish and splashing water everywhere. This he does on average about once a week.

I have tried to get him to share the shower with me, but he won't.

I will sort some photos out when I can locate my camera lead.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?