Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

Success

African greys like to climb, so I had a friend suspend a wooden parrot, from the ceiling above Fred's cage, the next job was to convince him to climb aboard. As you can see in the photo this he has done. The way I got him to do it was, to tie a sprig of broccolli onto the rope holding the wooden parrot above his reach, so he had to climb aboard to reach it yaay.

The thing is, african greys make very good companions but not very good pets, they have a nasty bite, they tend to be destructive and if you do not treat them right they can become neurotic.

One of the reasons I ended up with Fred was the people who had him before me, did not have a clue, they only let him out of his cage now and again, not that I blame them, they had two young children and probably did not know that an african grey does not make a good pet, in the sense that a dog, cat, or budgie can make a good pet. I feel that I did not buy Fred I rescued him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?