Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Sorry about the muteness

I have not written because I have been unwell. It happened last Friday morning, I woke up in the middle of a severe asthma attack, I would not recommend this to anyone. It is like being strangled or drowning, basically I caught a cold which got on my chest and this caused an allergic reaction, which then caused my lung cells to stop delivering oxygen to my blood. My extremities were going numb and I was flopping about on my bed, gasping like a fish out of water. Oh what fun!

Well hours later, I was still feeling the after effects, wheezing like a clapped out old steam engine. Gradually normality resumed and now I am back as my dear old mouldy self, exept for a bit of a cough, having survived my encounter with that greedy old bastard - El Morte. Ah but now I have a secret weapon, I had a visit from the doctor today and he prescribed me this marvelous gadget called an inhaler, what a hit! Basically it works like an oxygen supercharger and for a while, gave me the feeling for the first time in many years of being able to breathe properly, not because of asthma (thankfully for me a rare event) but because of nicotine or more precisely smoking it. So tonight I am going to do something extremely silly and slap a nicotine patch on myself. Note I say that it is silly because I surmise, that if it is OK to pollute the planet then it is Ok to pollute ourselves with nicotine. My reasons are more selfish, I want to see my first grandchild and I want to see the UK olympics.

Good night and goodluck.

Peter

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?